Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Well we just got back from Primary Children's Hospital. Alexander had his pectus excavatum corrected. It was amazing. The pictures below were literally taken before surgery and immediately afterward. He's still recovering (in fact he'll be recovering for a long time - 12 weeks to be exact). He'll turn 15 at the beginning of next year. The surgeon Dr. Meyers explained that this is the perfect time to perform the surgery right before a big growth spurt. He's a freshman this year so he'll be doing school online for the next quarter. By January he's going to be so bored. Rylee and I will do our best to entertain him. She's so helpful, a little nurse in the making. She loves to run and get him drinks and pillows and to change his movies (although Snow White is not necessarily Alexander's favorite choice) but she's helpful none the less.
BEFORE AFTER

6 comments:

The Farnsworths said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to be the first one to comment on your cool new blog. It really is amazing the difference with Alex's chest. Isn't it good to finally have it behind you? And he gets better everyday. I love your saying at the top. "time flies when you're having fun." That's great!

Renee said...

I am happy to be the secound to comment. Glad everything is going well with Alex. What a brave man. Still looking handsom even in a hospital bed.

Brynn said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited you started a blog! His chest looks SOOOOOOOO good! I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! Hooray for holidays!

AuntKiKi said...

Wicked....Shawna joined the Techni-world!!! Whow!! YOu're really stepping out, girl! hahahahah.
THat pic is so amazing! Such a difference! I'm glad he made it through this far! We still pray for you guys and for him to keep healing. Hey...we'll be seeing you soon, too! (eye roll) like we don't see you alllll the time! hahah

Jenna said...

I am so excited that you have a blog. I think about you guys often and wonder how you are doing. Now we can have a way to stay in touch. Your kids are so cute, but way too old! Where does the time go? We have a blog too so feel free to check it out...kylerandjenna.blogspot.com. I am glad that everything went good with the surgery.

The Farnsworths said...

Hey, don't you think it's time to update your blog??:) I tagged you! Look at my blog to see what to do! Love ya!